“Whatever you do, do from the heart, as for the Lord and not for others, knowing that you will receive from the Lord the due payment of the inheritance; be slaves of the Lord Christ.” ~ Colossians 3:23-24.
Confirmation Students are required to complete twenty (20) Confirmation Service Hours,
each year of formation, based on Catholic Social Teaching and/or Corporal Works of Mercy.
Service hours are to be completed by March 18th, 2024.
Service to the Church - 10 hours
● Attend The Chosen: Monday nights Oct. 23 thru Dec. 18, 2023, 6:30-8pm.
Advance registration and regular attendance are required. (1.5 hrs each session).
● Classroom Assistant for a Faith Formation class: advance registration & regular attendance required (1-1.5 hrs per session)
● Altar Server: advance training required. Contact Dcn Andy Baker. 1 hr per Mass
● Lector: advance training required. Contact Cassie Bertke or Anna Richardt. 1 hr per Mass
● Choir: Contact Ruth Peck, Julie Jester or Tom Wattelett. 1 hr per Mass
● Usher or Greeter: advance scheduling required. Contact Jerry Simpson (Usher) or Dawn Wells (Greeter). 30 min per Mass
● Soundbooth Tech: advance scheduling required. Contact Jerry Simpson. 1 hr per Mass
● Hospitality Sunday: assist with set up & clean up, before & after Mass. Contact Ellen Reilly. 30 min per Mass
● Hoofin’-It for Hunger: Oct. 21, 2023 - advance registration required (1-3 hrs)
● Coat Drive Sort/Deliver: Nov. 19, 2023 - advance registration required (1-3 hrs)
● Go to Reconciliation: here or at another parish (30 min. per session)
● Visit a shrine: Marytown- National Shrine of Maximilian Kolbe; Holy Hill, Hubertus, WI; National Shrine of St. Therese of Lisieux (Carmelite Campus, Darien IL); etc. (1-3 hrs)
● Check the Parish Bulletin or Website regularly for other service opportunities.
Service to Family and Community - 10 hours
Joyfully help others without being compensated
● Nursing Home or Memory Care Unit - read to or pray with residents
● Feed My Starving Children - www
● Lindenhurst Park District - www Contact Stephanie Friedl: email
● Gurnee Park District - www
● Bernie’s Book Bank - www
● Warren-Newport Public Library (HS Students only) - www
● Assist an elderly or handicapped neighbor or family member with yard work or snow removal (1 hr)
● Volunteer at a food pantry or soup kitchen
NOTE: Activities that are NOT considered service - cleaning your house, mowing your lawn, raking your leaves/shoveling snow, babysitting your siblings, general household chores, or anything you get paid to do. If you are unsure about an activity, please ask us.
Service Hour Submission
This process is currently being updated. Summer Service hours for the 2023-24 Faith Formation Year should be tracked using a handwritten log. 2023-24 Details for electronic submission will be available before classes begin in September.