“Whatever you do, do from the heart, as for the Lord and not for others, knowing that you will receive from the Lord the due payment of the inheritance; be slaves of the Lord Christ.” ~ Colossians 3:23-24.
Confirmation Students are required to complete twenty (20) Confirmation Service Hours,
each year of formation, based on Catholic Social Teaching and/or Corporal Works of Mercy.
Service hours are to be completed by March 18th, 2024.
Service to the Church - 10 hours
● Attend The Chosen: Monday nights Oct. 23 thru Dec. 18, 2023, 6:30-8pm.
Advance registration and regular attendance are required. (1.5 hrs each session).
● Classroom Assistant for a Faith Formation class: advance registration & regular attendance required (1-1.5 hrs per session)
● Altar Server: advance training required. Contact Dcn Andy Baker. 1 hr per Mass
● Lector: advance training required. Contact Cassie Bertke or Anna Richardt. 1 hr per Mass
● Choir: Contact Ruth Peck, Julie Jester or Tom Wattelett. 1 hr per Mass
● Usher or Greeter: advance scheduling required. Contact Jerry Simpson (Usher) or Dawn Wells (Greeter). 30 min per Mass
● Soundbooth Tech: advance scheduling required. Contact Jerry Simpson. 1 hr per Mass
● Hospitality Sunday: assist with set up & clean up, before & after Mass. Contact Ellen Reilly. 30 min per Mass
● Hoofin’-It for Hunger: Oct. 21, 2023 - advance registration required (1-3 hrs)
● Coat Drive Sort/Deliver: Nov. 19, 2023 - advance registration required (1-3 hrs)
● Go to Reconciliation: here or at another parish (30 min. per session)
● Visit a shrine: Marytown- National Shrine of Maximilian Kolbe; Holy Hill, Hubertus, WI; National Shrine of St. Therese of Lisieux (Carmelite Campus, Darien IL); etc. (1-3 hrs)
● Check the Parish Bulletin or Website regularly for other service opportunities.
Service to Family and Community - 10 hours
Joyfully help others without being compensated
● Nursing Home or Memory Care Unit - read to or pray with residents
● Feed My Starving Children - www
● Lindenhurst Park District - www Contact Stephanie Friedl: email
● Gurnee Park District - www
● Bernie’s Book Bank - www
● Warren-Newport Public Library (HS Students only) - www
● Assist an elderly or handicapped neighbor or family member with yard work or snow removal (1 hr)
● Volunteer at a food pantry or soup kitchen
NOTE: Activities that are NOT considered service - cleaning your house, mowing your lawn, raking your leaves/shoveling snow, babysitting your siblings, general household chores, or anything you get paid to do. If you are unsure about an activity, please ask us.